- About.com ESL Guide - Annotated lists for teacher resources, online lessons and quizzes, and software reviews.
- Alice's House - Lesson plans and ideas as well as material on teaching and grading writing projects. Also information on culture stratification
and views on money as culture.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Sema Tuncel Aksungur - For teachers and students, and has explanations of methodologies, materials in the form of songs, poems, activities, story
starters, lesson plans, and a section for young learners.
- Boggle's World - Free resources, teaching suggestions and communication forums for teachers of elementary and middle school students.
- Children Only ESL/EFL - Offers flash cards, games, stories, songs, and tips for download.
- Churchill House: Teaching Material - Offers a free copy of the FCE program as well as lesson ideas and plans. Adobe Acrobat required.
- City College Manchester - ESOL Self Access Centre - Exercises, materials and ILT resources to enhance the ESOL and Adult Basic Skills curricula and support teaching and learning
for staff and students.
- E. L. Easton - Lists of materials resources for teachers.
- EditAvenue.com - An editing intermediary service that connects writers with the professional
editors of their choice. Through the EditAvenue portal you can select English professors, technical writers, lawyers,
copy editors, scientists, or any of their other 250+ editing experts to correct and enhance your writing.
- The EFL Playhouse - Games, songs, fingerplays, chants, craft ideas, teaching tips, and phonics activities for the early childhood classroom.
- EFL Tasks - Original interactive activities for beginner to intermediate level and links to other resources.
- efl4U.com - Features free downloadable English teaching lesson worksheets with songs, games and puzzles for EFL lessons for all levels.
- Ekmekci - Publications, presentations and related material which includes vocabulary exercises for professions.
- ELT Forum - Offers downloadable development packs, interactive activities, live discussion groups and articles on teaching topics and
- English as a Second Language - Listing of professional organizations, calendar of events and information on standards of learning. Resources and handbook.
From the Virginia Department of Education.
- English Channel, ESL / EFL Resources - For teachers with students at the intermediate level, there are articles with exercises, grammar, speaking, reading and
writing exercises. Main focus is on business English
- English Raven - Offers articles on instructional methodology along with a limited number of free downloadable resources. Members' only
section offers larger collection of printable games, flashcards, and teacher tools.
- English Teachers Resources - Collection of quizzes, case studies, stories, and lesson ideas. Themes include theater, science fiction and mysteries.
- English Teaching - Teacher showcases some student projects and demonstrates some of her own teaching strategies for children.
- English To Go - Fee-based offer of lessons from Reuters news articles, photocopiable student handouts, teaching notes and supplementary
activities. A limited free area is available.
- ESL Independent Study Lab - Material organized by language ability and skill area. Detailed explanations of modalities involving computer and Internet-based
- ESL KidStuff - Resources for kids English teachers. Over 1,000 flashcards, hundreds of worksheets, crafts, games, ESL jobs, teaching tips
and much more!
- ESL Lounge: ESL Lesson Plans, ESL Materials for Teaching English - Offers grammar and reading comprehension worksheets, song lyrics, board games, pronunciation, flashcards, surveys, and
role plays. All free and printable.
- ESL Through Music - Free to copy and distribute lesson plans incorporating music as a learning tool.
- ESL Zone - Includes resources for ESL teaching, community and message board.
- ESL-Images.com - Over 2000 downloadable flashcards along with lesson plans and other resources.
- ESLsource - Community resource for ESL teachers. Offers database of agents, schools, resources, and articles.
- ETNI Teacher Ideas and Projects - Articles, lesson plans, activities, and links to materials for teaching with music.
- Everything ESL - Includes content-based lesson plans, activities, recommendations on classroom materials, and discussion boards for working
with minority students.
- Exchanging Letters with the World - Invites teachers and their students to participate in international letter exchange.
- Extensive Reading - Information on the system for learning which describes the approach and includes information on how to start a program.
- Frankie's ESOL Worksheets - Free printable worksheets and other resources for Grades 6-12. Many literature based.
- Genki English - Tips and training seminars aimed at Asian learners. Features talking pages, songs in MP3 format and games.
- Hall Houston's Random ESL Idea Generator - A collection of ideas for teachers who want to try something new.
- Handouts Online: Supplementary Materials for EFL Teachers - Features ready to print handouts and other resources for beginner to advanced levels plus a detailed list of textbooks
with teacher reviews.
- Itchyfeet - Provides information, lessons, ideas and worksheets. Includes country profiles, currency converter and information on working
- John Korber - Collection of games and lesson plans for intermediate classes.
- John's ESL Resources - Offers classroom activities and exercises on building a web site for grammar study. Registration required.
- Ken The Dog - Offers ready to print lesson plans, teaching ideas, activities, games, and online quizzes designed for Japanese students
in grades 1-3.
- Linda's ELT Fast Find File - Downloadable lesson plan data base for reading, writing, grammar, and culture. Also includes a tutorial on how to build
a web-based lesson plan. Links to other resources.
- The Many Roads to Japan - A free textbook/reader. Can E-mail the author for questions and exercises.
- National Advisory Centre on Early Language Learning - Offers opportunities for professional development and classroom activities.
- NCBE ERIC/CLL Online Directory of ESL Resources - A searchable directory of resources organized by category and accessed through a selection of keywords.
- Norwood English - Provides training via distance learning for teachers of English as a Foreign language.
- Pingu Loves English - Free lessons and interactive activities for students, teachers, and parents.
- Pizzaz: Creative Writing and Storytelling Ideas - Offers activities with copyable handouts for use with students of all ages. Utilizes poetry and fiction.
- Presson English Teaching Material - Supplementary teaching material downloadable each Monday morning for each class week. Lessons are in written and audio
formats. Fee and login required for access. Free sample is available.
- Ready for First Certificate Resource - For teachers using the book; with extra resources, information and a web guide with topic-based links that relate to each
unit of the course book.
- Sarah and John's TEFL Pitstop - Offers free games, activities suited to the communicative style of teaching.
- Solutions for Teaching English - Free materials to download plus lesson ideas, games and competitions and professional support.
- Suite 101: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - Resources and articles on examinations, job hunting, schools and lesson ideas.
- Taiwan Teacher - Features vocabulary tools as well as collection of children's games. Also provides information on employment in Taiwan.
- The Teacher's Desk - Offers lesson plan ideas and classroom activities for grades 5 and 6.
- Teacher's Pet - Enables teachers to turn text into a stimulating classroom exercises.
- TEFeL - Resources for teachers and students which include activities, games, exercises and other material.
- TEFL Magic - Worksheets, role-plays and games for teachers. Can all be downloaded for free with full instructions included.
- TEFL.net ESL Lesson Plans - Includes vocabulary and grammar lesson plans, printable worksheets, conversation starters, teaching tips, and dictation
- TEFL Certificate, TESOL Certificate, TEFL, TESOL, TESL Courses in Asia for Teaching English Abroad. Promotes the franchise locations of TEXT-AND-TALK Academy's world-renowned TEFL for Target Learner Groups Course, giving
full information, class schedules and an enrollment form.
- TEFL,TESOL,TESL,RSA,English teacher training, translation and interpretingang The TEXT-AND-TALK Academy web site in Thailand.
Teaching jobs in our academy or in homes, children's schools or companies off-premise. We accept job applications from teachers.
We also provide translation, interpreting and all other linguistic services and conduct our own world-renowned teacher training
- Three Wise Monkeys - Learning games, teaching ideas and activities. Primarily for Japanese students.
- Tiddlywinks - Original classroom activities for grades K-8 by Judith Rohlf.
- Tom's Page - English professor in Japan offers information on jobs, teacher resources, and help for using the Internet in language education.
- Tutoring English Grammar and Composition - Scripted exercises for tutoring basic English grammar and composition.
- Using English in China - Lesson plans and information for students attending Xiangtan Normal University. Resources for teachers in China.
- Way Ahead - The teacher's resource for the six-level course for primary school children.
- Your Guide to English Language - Materials for classroom use and coursebook evaluations. Primarily for teachers in Turkey.